Setting up and using Apple Pay
Discover an easier way to pay
Apple Pay lets you make secure, contactless payments with Apple devices such as iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac both instore and online.
Use Apple Pay to make purchases in all kinds of apps. Pay for a train ride, a pizza delivery or a new pair of trainers with the devices you carry every day. Checking out is fast, simple and secure. No need to hunt for your wallet or purse.
What you'll need to set up Apple Pay
To use Apple Pay in stores, within apps and on the web using Safari you'll need either:
iPhone models with Face ID
iPhone models with Touch ID, except for iPhone 5s
iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad and iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID
Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 and later
Apple Watch (1st generation)
Mac models with Touch ID
Mac models introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
Your step-by-step guide:
This step will change depending on which model of Apple device you’re using
- On iPhone open Wallet and tap the 'Plus' icon in the upper-right corner.
- On iPad go to 'Settings' > 'Wallet' > 'Apple Pay' > 'Add Card'
- For Apple Watch on the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap 'Wallet & Apple Pay' > 'Add Card'
- For a Mac model with Touch ID go to ‘System Preferences’ > ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ > ‘Add Card’
NatWest will verify your information and may ask for more information. Once you have this simply go back to Wallet and tap your card.
Setting up and linking your card to Apple Pay
- If you have a NatWest credit or debit card registered with iTunes, the details will be retrieved from iTunes when you first added the card. Or you can choose to add a new card
- To add a new card simply follow the onscreen instruction on your device