Earn up to 1.5% AER/Gross p.a. (variable) when you grow your savings by £50 or more each month
You can open the account with just £1
Grow your savings by £50 or more each month to earn interest
Instant access to your savings
Please read the Summary Box below before applying
Want to save regularly?
Get rewarded when you grow your saving by £50 or more each month
Instant access to your savings
You can access your money when you need it online, via the mobile app, telephone banking or in branch
Mobile App Get Cash
Flexibile when you need it
If you can't grow your savings by £50 in a month, it means you won’t earn interest for that month
Account name: Savings Builder Account
2. Can NatWest change the interest rate?
Yes, these rates are variable. They may be changed for any of the reasons set out in General Term 9.2 of the Savings Account Terms (PDF, 605k), e.g. to take account of Bank of England base rate changes. If the rates are going down we’ll give you at least 60 days’ notice. If they are going up, we’ll inform you before the change or shortly afterwards. Term 9.2 contains details of the notice we’ll give you.
4. How do I open and manage my account?
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 years or over to open an account.
- You can only have one Savings Builder Account in your sole name, and only one Savings Builder Account in joint names with another person.
- You can open and manage your account in branch, online and by telephone.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- Each month your balance must by grow by at least £50 to earn interest. If your balance grows by less than £50 in any month, you will not earn interest
5. Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you won't be charged and you don't need to give us notice. You can withdraw money via online banking, the mobile app, telephone banking or in branch. Or up to £250 per day at any cash machine, or £500 per day (or your ATM card limit, whichever is lower) at any UK Post Office®
There are daily limits on the amount of money you can withdraw from your account via phone, online or mobile banking. Find out more about the daily limits or speak to us on the phone about them. Please note: Withdrawal during the month which means your month to month balance does not increase by £50 or more will result in the regular saving condition not being met and interest not being earned.
6. Additional information
How do I earn interest?
- To earn interest each month, your balance must grow by at least £50. Our monthly interest cycle runs from close of business on the second-last business day of one month, to close of business on the second-last business day of the following month
- Close of business times depend on whether you pay in your money in-branch or by using our telephone, online or mobile banking services.
What happens if my payment is late?
- Your payment will count towards the following monthly interest period. If due to the late payment you have not grown your balance by £50 in that month, you will earn no interest in that month.
What happens if I close my account?
- You will not earn interest for the month of closure.
Annual Equivalent Rate (AER) This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts, which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Gross Rate The interest rate you are paid without the deduction of UK income tax.
p.a. Per annum (per year)