The first thing you need to do is get your finances in order. Work out a budget and stick to it. Then decide how you're going to pay for your new car.
If you're buying a used car remember to:
- Keep on top of used car market prices
- Inspect the car carefully and take a test drive
- Bring a friend who knows a bit about cars
- Negotiate the best deal and get it in writing
- Transfer the money online or via banker's draft to the seller
Check out more car buying tips from the professionals at The Car Expert