This includes those issued by DWP. Scottish public pensions agency, local authority, UC welcome letter, pensions benefits, housing benefits, child benefits, disability and sickness benefits
To be accepted, the following criteria must be met:
- Specific to the individual about benefits currently being received
- Must Include either NI number or DOB
- Must confirm the customer is currently in receipt of benefit.
- Match the exact name used when applying
- Match the exact address used when applying
- Be valid/in date
- Can only be used as proof of identity or proof of address. Not both.
A benefits letter that is addressed to a carer but is for the person opening the account can also be used but only as a last resort. The applicants name must be mentioned in the letter and the carer must reside at the same address as the applicant.
Where an e-statement/e-bill or pdf of your documentation from the Benefits Agency is used, this can only be used where one of the following has been used as identification:
- UK Passport, Foreign Passport/Visa
- UK Driving Licence
- EU/EEA national identity Card
- Disabled Drivers Card
- Police Warrant Card
- Military ID Card
If you have not used one of the above as your identification you cannot use an e-statement/e-bill or pdf of your documentation from the Benefits Agency as address verification.