Studying in the UK

International student bank account

Why apply for our International Student bank account?

An account especially for international students in the UK

Choose 1 of 3 offers: Amazon Prime Student membership, National Express Coachcard or a tastecard

Manage your money on the go with our easy to use mobile app

Tap and pay with your phone using Apple Pay and Google Pay™

£10 monthly account fee

Are you a UK Student?

If you've lived in the UK for more than 3 years, you can apply for our UK Student account that has no monthly fee.

Take a look at our Student account

Pick one of three Student offers

To receive your offer you need register for online banking and select to receive paperless statements

Amazon Prime Student

Stream movies, box sets and music, plus get unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items with a 1 year Prime Student membership and £10 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card. You need to be 18+ for this reward. T&C's.

National Express Coachcard

Travel for less with 1/3 off fares, ideal for visiting friends and family. Plus 15% off travel to events and festivals. Valid for 4 years. Coachcard T&C's apply.


Get 2 for 1 or 50% off your food bill at thousands of UK restaurants and discounts at the cinema with tastecard+ membership. Valid for 4 years. Smartphone required. tastecard+ T&C's apply.

International Student FAQ's

Get ready to apply

Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things. And ask you a few questions up front. Then we can make your application as quick and simple as it can be.

First things first. You can apply if you:

currently live in the UK and have lived here for less than 3 years 

are completing a full time undergraduate course that lasts at least 2 years or completing a full time postgraduate course; or

are training as a nurse at a UK university or college of higher education. 

Now please take a look at the important legal stuff

How your information might be used

It's important for you to understand how we use and share your information. Please read this short summary before you continue with your application.

You’re all set

You’ll need a few bits of info for your application:

  • If you're from the EU you'll need a EU passport, EU ID card or EU Drivers Licence 
  • If you're from outside of the EU you'll need a passport and student VISA, and a Biometric Resident Permit
  • Proof of your UK address, such as: utility bill, bank statement or driving licence
  • Proof of your UK student status, such as: UCAS 16 digit code, UCAS letter, letter from your University, and many more.