Our basic Foundation bank account
Foundation could be the right option for you
If you aren't eligible for one of our other bank accounts, then the Foundation account may be the right option or you. It’s a basic account designed to help you manage your money.
Some of the features of our Foundation Account include:
- No monthly fee
- Check your account 24/7
- Visa Debit card
- Use of our Mobile Banking app
You can't apply directly for the Foundation current account. We may offer it to you if we think it might be more suitable during an application for one of our other accounts.
- The best way to proceed if you want a simple bank account is to apply for our Select bank account, which also has no monthly fee, and has an option to apply for an Arranged Overdraft. It also comes with a contactless debit card.
- You may be successful in your Select application, or if we think Foundation would be more suitable, then we will offer this to you during the application process.
Why the Foundation account is more suitable for some customers
If you've encountered difficulties with money before, you may not be eligible for a number of our bank accounts.
However, you might be offered the Foundation account if:
- You have little or no credit history
- You’re going through bankruptcy
- You give us incomplete or inaccurate information when you apply
- You have a low credit score
We know that managing personal finances can be difficult, and improving your credit score is not always easy.
If you're concerned about your finances, you may wish to seek advice from a financial professional, while sites like the MoneyAdviceService can also be a great source of impartial help.