A step-by-step guide to setting up Online BankingRegister for Online Banking
Online Banking available to customers aged 11+ with a NatWest account.
After clicking 'Register for Online Banking', you'll be taken to this first page where you'll need to select what type of customer you are.
- A personal customer
- A business customer
- A credit card only customer
On this page you need to enter:
- Your personal details including name and date of birth
- Your sort code and account number
- Check the box to say you accept the terms and conditions, and click on 'Next'
The next screen gives you your customer number (date of birth followed by up to four digits). Make a note of this as you'll need it when you login in future, and if you download our Mobile Banking app.
Then click on 'Next'
The next screen tells you that we've sent an activation code to you. This will have been sent by text message (if we have your mobile number) or by letter.
When you receive your activation code, go to the website and click on 'Login' in the top right hand corner of the web page.
On the login page:
- Enter your customer number (your date of birth followed by up to four digits)
- You then need to enter your activation code and click on 'Next'
On this page you need to:
- Choose your PIN (four digits not in sequential order)
- Choose your password (between 6 and 20 characters including letters and numbers)
- Click on 'Next' and you're up and running!
Once you've registered for Online Banking, you're automatically registered for telephone banking too.
You'll use the same Customer Number as well as the same PIN and password for both services. This means that you can call us to manage your accounts, or you can manage them yourself online.
Not only that, but once you have Online Banking up and running, you can also enjoy register for our award-winning mobile app too! Enjoy banking on the go, wherever you are.
App available to Online Banking customers with a UK or international mobile number in spoecific countries. Awarded 'Best Banking App' at the 2018 British Banking Awards.