What's in this guide?
This privacy notice gives you a comprehensive overview about how we handle data at NatWest, including information we may collect from our customers. We talk in detail about the information we hold, what we do with this data and when we share it outside of NatWest (and with whom). You can read more about your rights around data and can also contact us.
We respect individuals’ rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when it is combined with other information).
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do we will communicate any changes to you and publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information and your rights to control how we process it.
Who we are
- We are a member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC ("RBS group"). More information about the RBS group can be found on www.rbs.com.
- This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) applies to all personal information processing activities carried on by the Personal Banking/Business banking business of the National Westminster Bank Plc ("NatWest")
- NatWest is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide). In this notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to NatWest.
- Our principal address is 250 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4AA and our contact details can be located at rbs.com below.
- We are a member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (“RBS group”). More information about the RBS group can be found at www.rbs.com by clicking on About Us.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant marketing information (including details of other products or services provided by us or other RBS group companies which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, phone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us at 03457 888 444 Overseas number +44 3457 888 444 Minicom 0800 404 6161, via Online Banking, webchat or in branch.
Communications about your account
We will contact you with information relevant to the operation and maintenance of your account (including updated information about how we process your personal information), by a variety of means including via online banking, mobile banking, email, text message, post and/or telephone. If at any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell us promptly about those changes.
We may monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in accordance with applicable laws for the purposes outlined in What we do with this data.