Sorting out a deceased estate can be a long and complicated process. Usually there are funeral expenses, household bills, taxes and other bills to be taken care of, as well as assets that need to be divided up. Our Estate Administration Service is provided by Hugh James Solicitors and is available for a fee. This service will take care of all the details for you, including:
- Provide you with a dedicated case manager who will be your point of contact
- Make sure the terms of the will are carried out and that the wealth of the deceased is
passed on efficiently
- If there isn’t a will, they’ll make sure as the deceased’s assets are distributed correctly
to all beneficiaries entitled by law.
- Pay any inheritance tax that’s due and liaise directly with HM Revenue & Customs
about any tax affairs of the person who has died
- Secure any property so that it meets the terms of any home insurance policies
We can also help if the executor of the will feels they’re unable to carry out their role. Or if NatWest has been appointed as executor of the will, you’ll need to get in touch with us so we can help.