The NatWest Student Living Index, compiled in partnership with an independent research company, takes a sample of 2486 students to give you an idea of how students are spending their money, how much they are spending and how many hours they are spending on different activities.
The Socialising section is made up of weekly expenditure on alcohol, going out and eating out.
|Highest Expenditure on Socialising||Lowest Expenditure on Socialising|
- If you like to socialise, Portsmouth is the most cost effective city.
- Newcastle students spend the most hours socialising (and the most on alcohol).
- Students are spending more money on eating out than last year, Cambridge students spending the most at an average of £23 a week, almost £10 more than the national average. Students based in Oxford and London make up the top 3, whereas Bristol students spend the least.
- Oxford students spend the most going out and are a close second to Newcastle on how many hours are spent socialising.
- Students in Exeter spend the least on going out.
- The majority of a student's time is spent studying - 28 hours compared to 11 hours socialising per week.