Access your benefits
Protect yourself from the unexpected
Lost or stolen mobile phone? A car that won’t start? Burst pipe? Your Black Account covers these everyday hassles – and more. View, register or use your benefits.
Icon expand Mobile Phone Insurance
You are automatically entitled to this benefit, however you should register your handset to make the claims process quicker for you
- Phone cover - covers up to four phones for you, your partner and/or phones of your children under 18 years old who live at home with you (under 23 years old if they are still in full time education and living at home with you outside of term time)
- Replacement phone – delivered within 24 hours of your claim being accepted
- Loss, theft, accidental damage and breakdown cover – including water, liquid and malicious damage and electrical or mechanical fault (if your phone is lost or stolen, you must contact your network provider within 24 hours)
- Unauthorised use – up to £2,500 for monthly contracts and £100 for pay as you go
- Worldwide protection – repair or replacement will be arranged on return to the UK
- Accessories cover - up to £250 per claim for accessories that were lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your phone
You should be aware that:
- You can make a maximum of four successful claims during any 12 month period
- There is an excess of £75 per claim
- Claims must be made within 60 days of the loss, theft or accidental damage of your phone
- Tablets are not covered
Icon expand Car Breakdown Cover
You are automatically entitled to this benefit and do not need to register. All you need in the event of a breakdown is your name, address and vehicle details.
- Roadside assistance - anywhere in the UK and Europe
- Home-Call – help when your car won't start at home
- Recovery service – if Green Flag can't get your car going, they'll take you to a destination of your choice or a suitable repairer
- Protection for all your cars – as long as the vehicle is registered in your name at your home address, it's covered
- Costs at the garage or repairer – if Green Flag can’t fix your vehicle at the roadside you will be liable for the costs of repair
- Roadside assistance - for European trips outside the UK, cover will not apply for vehicles over 10 years old at the beginning of the trip
- Maximum claims - customers can only claim 5 times in any 12 months before a charge will be incurred
Icon expand Home Emergency Service
You are automatically entitled to this benefit and do not need to register
As a Black Account customer, you are in safe hands:
- 24/7 home emergency cover up to £750 including VAT
- Cover for two homes – your main residence and any second home you own in the UK (excluding properties you rent out)
- Approved repairers - finding someone you can count on can be a challenge, but we have taken care of that
- External water supply pipes
- Boilers over 10 years old, or with an output over 75kw
- Any emergency if your home has been unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Detached garages and outbuildings
- Homes in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Scilly Isles and the Isle of Man
It is important to remember that this is not a household buildings or contents insurance policy – or an equipment maintenance contract.
Icon expand Identity Theft Assistance
You need to register for credit report, valuable document registration and Experian Credit Report Monitoring and DataPatrol
For joint accounts both parties must register to use this benefit.
Identity Theft Assistance gives you a range of benefits from a number of specialist organisations – offering you the assistance and support you need.
To help keep your personal information private we offer:
- Personal support - if you fall victim to identity theft, a dedicated caseworker will be appointed to help defend and restore your credit status, including where necessary our home investigation service
- CIFAS registration - alerts you if your details are used on a credit application
- Valuable document registration - lets you keep important information, such as your passport number or details of insurance policies, in a secure place. If you lose your documents, we can provide you with their details
- Credit report – check your credit status and receive alerts from Experian if anyone is using your personal details
- DataPatrol – regular monitoring of the internet for your name, contact details and sensitive information such as National Insurance, Passport or Driving License number. It also provides personal alerts and advice if any of your information is found, with clear guidance on the action you should take to prevent any harm
CIFAS is the UK's fraud prevention service. It has 260 members spread across banking, credit cards, asset finance, retail credit, mail order, insurance, savings and investments, telecommunications, factoring, and share dealing. Members share information about identified frauds to help prevent further fraud.
Icon expand Lost and Stolen Card Assistance
You are automatically entitled to this benefit and do not need to register
- Emergency assistance – round-the-clock cover, worldwide
- Personal belongings cover – up to £100 for replacing personal belongings that are lost/stolen at the same time as your card
- Passport and driving licence - cover any charges for the issue of the emergency replacement while you are abroad
- Card cancellation – we will arrange for all your missing cards to be cancelled and replacements ordered and cover any cost up to £100 a year
- Emergency cash advance – up to £5,000, repayable within 28 days. You need to have enough money in your account or overdraft charges may apply
- Unauthorised transactions – on your NatWest cards, should you suffer a loss through no fault of your own. If you do use cards from another provider, they may also be covered but you should contact your card issuer directly for details of the coverage.
Lost & stolen card assistance doesn't cover any courier costs incurred in delivering emergency cards to you.
What other people are asking us
What kind of event would be considered to be a home emergency?
An emergency means an incident in the home, which, if it's not dealt with quickly, will:
- Make the home unsafe or insecure
- Cause damage to the home and its contents
- Leave the home with a total loss of its main source of heating, lighting or hot or cold water
What homes are covered?
To be covered the home must be owned by you and be your permanent, or secondary, private place of residence. Detached garages and outbuildings are not covered. Your home must be in the United Kingdom or the Isle of Wight. Homes in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Scilly Isles and the Isle of Man are excluded.
What information do I need to make a mobile phone claim?
If your phone has been lost, you must contact your network provider within 24 hours (48 hours if you’re outside of the UK). If it is stolen you must also inform the police to receive a crime reference number.
You will need to tell us:
- Your name, address and date of birth
- The mobile phone number, make, model and IMEI
Claim online or call us on 0845 601 7188 (Minicom 0845 600 0512). Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday, 10am-5pm Sunday and 10am-6pm on bank holidays. Calls may be recorded.
Can I swap my cover to a new phone?
Yes. Simply tell us if you have changed phone or SIM card. We will need your handset and model number and your IMEI number.
If you would like to cover an alternative phone, you must tell us as soon as possible.
What vehicles are covered in my car breakdown cover?
A car, light van, motorised caravan, estate car, motorcycle or 4x4 off-road vehicle, which is privately registered in the United Kingdom. The vehicle should carry no more than the number of persons recommended by the manufacturer (and for whom seats are provided) up to a maximum of 9 persons including the driver.
How long will it take for Green Flag to attend my breakdown?
Green Flag guarantees to attend UK breakdowns within an hour. The average Green Flag callout time in the UK is less than 40 minutes. Callout times in Europe may be longer.
If Green Flag keeps you waiting longer than an hour, you can claim £10 cashback by writing to Green Flag or completing a service questionnaire.
Protecting your money
With our account monitoring and online fraud protection promise, it's no wonder our customers voted us the UKs most trusted mainstream bank for 2013.