The best way to....
Get emergency cash
Telephone step by step
- You can only use the telephone service to get emergency cash if you have lost your debit card
- Call 08457 888 444 (Minicom 0800 404 6161), and follow the options to speak to a customer adviser. Calls may be recorded
- The adviser will cancel your card, and then ask you some security questions
- If you are registered for Online Banking or Telephone Banking, the adviser will authorise you to withdraw up to £300, and if not up to £60
- The adviser will give you a four digit PIN number that you can enter at any NatWest or RBS ATM within four hours to get your cash
You must have at least £20 available funds to withdraw from your account (including any overdraft facility)
Mobile step by step
- Login to the mobile app
- Select the ‘Get Cash’ option
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw (up to £250)
- Click on next
- Click on the button to reveal your cash code or ask for it to be sent to your phone
- Go to any RBS, NatWest or Tesco cash machine
- Press ‘Enter’
- Follow the prompts for Emergency cash and enter your cash code
- Process shown is for the iPhone. For Android, Blackberry and Windows devices, steps may vary slightly
-Get Cash limits will apply for this service, including a maximum withdrawal limit of £250 per day.
-The amount requested must be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
-There is a maximum limit of 2 Get Cash withdrawals per day.
You must have at least £20 available funds to withdraw from your account (including any overdraft facility).
-Get Cash is available on Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows.