Touch to Pay
No more hassle looking for a cash machine or rummaging around for loose change. Contactless technology allows you to make payments of £30 or less, wherever you see the contactless symbol
- There’s no need for cash
- It’s free to use in the UK
- Just touch your card against the reader
- No need to insert your card into the Chip and PIN device
It’s safe and secure
Contactless payments are as safe as any other service we and Visa offer. Visa Debit cards with contactless use the same secure technology as our existing cards, in addition our contactless cards are issued with the most advanced chip available.
When you make your first contactless transaction you may be asked to validate your card by entering your PIN. From time to time, you’ll be asked to enter your PIN to ensure you are the genuine card holder.
We take security very seriously. Provided you’ve looked after your card and PIN, we’ll protect you should you experience any loss or fraud.
It’s still a debit card too
Your contactless card still has all the fantastic benefits and security features of a Visa Debit card. It can still be used to make purchases or get cash back as normal with Chip and PIN.
Other benefits include:
- Purchase Protection allowing you to recover payment for faulty or undelivered goods
- Worldwide acceptance wherever the Visa Logo is displayed
- Secure online shopping through NatWest Secure
- The ability to set up recurring payments
Contactless is simply an extra function that provides you with another choice of how to pay for everyday items under £30.