We have enhanced our NatWest Secure service. When shopping online you will no longer need to enter a password, most transactions will simply go straight through after being checked by the bank. For some transactions you may be asked to enter a one time passcode online which we will send to you. You can select whether you wish this passcode to be sent to your mobile, email address or via a voicemail to your landline.
NatWest Secure provides you with additional protection when shopping online at participating merchants.
To ensure you can complete online purchases quickly it is essential that you keep your contact details up to date, so if verification is requested we can send you a one time passcode”.
How it works - four simple steps:
- Shop online as usual and visit the checkout
- Enter your card details
- If the website uses Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode, a personal message may tell you that the bank or organisation that issued your card is asking for a One Time Passcode
- Enter your One Time Passcode and click 'submit' - your identity is confirmed
Always remember to keep your card details safe and your contact details up to date with us.
The UK Payments Association recommend you follow this simple advice when shopping online:
- Keep your PC protected – you should use the latest browser and up to date anti-virus software
- Look for the padlock – a padlock symbol displayed in your browser window means your information will be handled securely
- Always remember to keep your contact details updated.
- Always log out after shopping online and remember to save the purchase confirmation email
If you attempt to shop online at a participating merchant offering Mastercard SecureCode and your contact details are not up to date, you will not be able to receive the required One Time Passcode on certain transactions. This will mean your transaction will not be able to be completed.
This added security confirms you are the genuine cardholder and helps prevent unauthorised use of your card at participating merchants.