Safe internet shopping
Protecting your card online
Your NatWest Credit Card is designed to help keep you safe. Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode protect your card twice, with a personal message and your own password.
How it works - four simple steps:
- Shop online as usual and visit the checkout
- Enter your card details
- If the website uses Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode, a personal message will tell you that the bank or organisation that issued your card is asking for your password
- Enter your password and click 'submit' - your identity is confirmed
Always remember to keep your card details safe.
The UK Payments Association recommend you follow this simple advice when shopping online:
- Keep your PC protected – you should use the latest browser and up to date anti-virus software
- Look for the padlock – a padlock symbol displayed in your browser window means your information will be handled securely
- Register your cards with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode
- Always log out after shopping online and remember to save the purchase confirmation email
If you attempt to shop online at a participating merchant offering Mastercard SecureCode and you have not registered with NatWest Secure then you will be asked to register before your transaction can be completed.
This added security confirms you are the genuine cardholder and helps prevent unauthorised use of your card at participating merchants.
Verified by Visa and NatWest Secure
If your NatWest credit card has been issued by Visa then you can find out more and register for NatWest Secure.
Find out more about NatWest Secure