You may have seen recent news articles about increase in card and online banking frauds during the first six months of 2014 by Financial Fraud Action UK.
Follow these simple steps to help stay secure:
· Protect your security credentials: Never give your customer number, full PIN and full password or card reader codes to anyone.
· Protect yourself Online: Download our free security software (Rapport) that protects your PC / MAC / laptop from rogue software when accessing online banking. It also protects your bank card details when shopping online.
· Protect your Credit/Debit Cards: Keep your cards in a safe place and always shield your PIN with your free hand. Report lost and stolen cards to us straight away, that includes when it has been held at an ATM.
· Be Cautious: Fraudsters are calling customers pretending to be from the bank or the police and asking for full security credentials or money to be transferred to another account or accepting a courier to pick up a bank card. With any suspicious call, agree to call the person back on a number you trust and where possible, using a different phone.
· Be Aware: Check your bank balance regularly and report any suspicious transactions to us straight away.
Visit the Financial Fraud Action UK website for more details.